Handwriting Without Tears®
Shop now! Get started with our literacy solutions
Start your handwriting literacy journey today! Browse our shop and find our classroom kits and materials-designed for Pre-K-5 students.
A Modern Evolution for a Timeless Practice
- Research-backed curriculum designed to be easy to teach and easy to lear
- Developmentally appropriate sequence flows from Pre-K–5
- Explicit instruction combined with guided practice to promote handwriting automaticity
- Multisensory learning engages visual, audio, and kinesthetic learners
- Hands-on tools to build vocabulary, fine motor, and alphabet knowledge prior to writing letters
- Handwriting student editions foster student success with a clean, simple and intuitive design
- Online platform connects teachers, students, and families
An Integrated Print and Digital Solution for Handwriting
Educators today need flexible instruction that meets the needs of each student. Our integrated print and digital handwriting solution combines simple print editions with powerful digital tools that help bridge the divide between school and home like never before.
See the Handwriting Without Tears Process
Our instructional methods are designed for success. Explore the teaching strategies that have helped students make handwriting a natural, automatic skill for more than 40 years.
How Handwriting Without Tears® Aligns to the Science of Reading
Handwriting is one of the foundational skills that leads students toward automatic word recognition.
It falls in the bottom, skills portion of Scarborough’s rope. As students form letters, they are solidifying the alphabetic principle. They need to be able to retrieve the symbol for the sound automatically, so as students practice in Handwriting Without Tears (HWT), they are learning to transfer that knowledge.
Eligible for Federal Funding
Handwriting Without Tears® print and digital solution meets ESSA's Tier 2 evidence criteria. Explore how you can use available funds to support reading in your schools.