Building the Foundation of Literacy
Handwriting Without Tears helps students build essential skills for emergent writing and handwriting success.
Children who master handwriting are more likely to succeed in school, writing with speed and ease in all subjects. But without a strong foundation, bad habits take root. Our unparalleled curriculum nurtures writing automaticity through direct, explicit instruction along with guided and independent practice.
Direct Instruction Builds Handwriting Automaticity
Handwriting Without Tears' pedagogy guides students to success with:
- Developmentally appropriate sequence of instruction
- Consistent guided practice to develop automaticity and fluency
- Multisensory components engage visual, audio, and kinesthetic learners
- Hands-on manipulatives for developing fine motor and phonics skills
- Simple, student-friendly, step-by-step language for letter formations on student practice pages AND teacher's guides
"Automatic letter writing is the single best predictor of length and quality of written composition in younger students." (Dinehart, 2013)