As school bells starting ringing across the country, millions of children will be heading back to the classroom.
Looking for some quick inspiration for easy, fun activities that will ease the transition from summer to school?
These five activities will help kickstart your classroom learning.
- One of the first things children will need to do in the classroom is write their name and the date. This activity download will help children with a quick review of the correct letter formation of their name and the current date on double lines.
- Do you children know all their letters? Practice high frequency words for a quick review in the beginning of the year. This is also a great time to use the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency (newly updated for this school year!) to get students’ baseline skills.
- Remember all the lowercase vowels are small letters and fit between the double lines . Sing the Vowels song to reinforce handwriting and literacy skills. While your singing, check out our descending letters song for g, j, y, p, and q.
- Our syllable activity is so much and helps with spelling and literacy. It gets kids moving and learning how to count syllables with their bodies.
- Teach your little learners an easy way to count by twos. Pick up a book with numbered pages and have students “read” the numbers on the left pages. This will give children an edge with early math concepts.
Here’s to a great year of learning and fun. Welcome Back!